Educating children for 120 years

Slider

History

St Joseph's In The Park is one of the area's oldest and truly independent schools.
  • 1897
    School founded in Hertford.
  • 1949
    Relocated to Park House, Hertingfordbury Park estate.

    The estate dates back to medieval times and was mentioned in the Domesday book. The estate was much larger then and has been in royal ownership and used as a deer park. The original manor house and walled gardens were designed by Sir Christopher Wren.
  • 1952
    New purpose-built accommodation completed.
  • 1996
    Renamed St Joseph's In The Park to link the school with its history in Hertingfordbury Park.
  • 2009-2013
    Development projects included a sports field, landscaping around the swimming pool, a new music room with additional teaching and practice rooms for the use of our peripatetic teachers and a large car park.

    During the second phase, an Art and purpose-built wrap around care room, a new Woodlands Department for Learning, Reception and Bursary were added.
  • 2017
    Anniversary celebration year.
    School has provided education for 120 years.
    Development of Parklands Cottages.

Address
St Mary’s Lane
Hertingfordbury
Herts
SG14 2LX
Telephone, Email & Social Media
Visiting Us
St Josephs Map

Registered in England and Wales under Company No 05422009 | Registered office as above | Registered Charity No 1111064